Amsterdam Art applauds new talent, young artists and fresh initiatives.
Amsterdam Art is excited to organize the first Amsterdam Art Gallery Weekend, focussing on Amsterdam galleries and taking place from 25-29 November 2020. Amsterdam Art Gallery Weekend is the perfect opportunity to highlight galleries and the artists they represent. The aim is to inspire new and existing Dutch art lovers to buy art. Amsterdam’s top galleries will be participating, but also cultural institutions such as the Stedelijk Museum, Oude Kerk and Rijksakademie van beeldende kunsten.
During Amsterdam Art Gallery Weekend we would like to award two young initiatives with a Wild Card to participate during the Gallery Weekend. The Wild Cards will be awarded to young initiatives in Amsterdam that sell art in an innovative way and reach a young new audience whether through a traditional gallery or otherwise.
Some criteria for the Wild Card are:
- The initiative was established in the past three years
- Is aimed on selling art
- Has a qualitative program and represents artists
- Experiments with new gallery models or sales methods
- Reaches new audiences
- Has concrete plans for the organization long-term
- Become a full-fledged participant of Amsterdam Art Gallery Weekend
- Show your exhibition during the Gallery Weekend
- Amsterdam Art promotes your programme
- Get invited to exclusive events
- Build your network in the art scene of Amsterdam
- Exposure to a international, wide-spread audience, visitors and art professionals
We do ask a small participation fee of 175,- euro to create a sustainable relationship and to be committed to the Gallery Weekend.
Please write a short motivation letter on why we should consider your initiative to participate during Amsterdam Art Gallery Weekend. We would also like to hear more about the initiative: why and when was it established? Which artists are you representing and what are your future plans? Make sure to send in the information before August 27, 2020, to email@example.com. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.